One thing that all people have in common is a concern for their health. It was not long ago when it simply did not matter if you smoked, if you were overweight or drank too much.
Today’s society has become much more aware of the repercussions and they are realizing that not only are we responsible for our own health, but many factors that we are exposed from other individuals can also significantly affect our overall health.
Here are the top health issues today that men and women are concerned with.
1. Heart conditions – this is a common concern in both men and women and it should be. There are so many things that can affect your heart and if you are not taking care of all of them, you could end up developing a heart condition that could be difficult to overcome.
Diabetes, stress, weight, high blood pressure and high cholesterol are but a few of the factors that can contribute to a heart attack.
2. Cancer – this is obviously a major concern for everyone. It almost seems as though a new cause for cancer is uncovered each and every day. While some of these causes are uncontrollable, there are some that we very much can avoid.
Things like cigarette smoking and stress are directly related to cancer and can either be avoided all together or limited in exposure.
3. Anxiety disorder – the more things that we have to be successful over and the more things that we can do, the more reasons we have to get anxiety.
This is an emotion that everyone experience’s, it just takes a little more of a toll on some people than it does on others. One thing is for sure though, unless you learn to properly deal with anxiety, you are setting yourself up for significant health issues down the road.
4. Depression – This is a condition that is often downplayed by those that do not have it or have never experienced it.
But it can be devastating to your health over long periods of time. Depression can put anyone into a funk that is often unrecoverable and once that ball gets rolling, it is often very difficult to stop.
5. Diabetes – Diabetes is a condition that is wreaking havoc on our population. While there are those that get diabetes as a hereditary condition, this is also something that develops due to certain health conditions that we create ourselves, such as obesity.
While these are but 5 of the top health issues that people are concerned with today, there are many more and the shame of it all is that a lot of them are actually preventable by living a healthier lifestyle.
If you find yourself worrying about these conditions, it is time to start eating right and exercising every day to get your health back on track. And do a yearly complete health screening to assess your health condition. Any health problems can be solved in a much cheaper and faster way when detected early.